Frequently asked questions

Registration and class schedule information - bachelor

  1. How do I register for courses?
  2. How do I request an override?
  3. How do I register for a course that is full?
    • Check override procedure section below.
    • Professor permission is needed for a full course override. Please email the professor with a specific request for a full course override for the specific course (i.e., CSC 2110) and semester. If approved, forward the email to your assigned computer science advisor and follow the override procedure section below. 
  4. What classes are offered each semester?
  5. How do I know who the instructor of a course is, if it is not listed yet?
    • Instructors are added as they are assigned each semester. Please be patient while the department adds professors and TAs to the class schedule. Typically, you would have to wait until the professor is listed.
  6. How do I have my hold released?
    • Having a hold released depends on the reason for the hold. Refer to this website for information on which offices to contact.
    • If you have an academic hold such as probation, please schedule an appointment with your computer science academic advisor as soon as possible to create a plan for success.
    • If you have a dean's hold, please contact your computer science academic advisor.
  7. How do I request to register for more than 18 credits in one semester (a.k.a., exceeding max credits)?
    • Contact your computer science academic advisor via email with your request. The advisor may also ask for you to come in to ensure your schedule is appropriate and realistic.
  8. How do I sign up for the Math Placement Exam?

Override procedure

If you need an override for a CSC course, then follow these steps:

  1. Check that you have met the pre-requisites for the course. The pre-requisites are listed in the Schedule of Classes.
  2. If the pre-requisite of the course requires consent of the instructor for the particular section of the course you wish to take, you will need to provide written approval from the instructor. You can forward an email to your academic advisor from the instructor granting you permission to take the course.
  3. If you have completed all of the required pre-requisites of the course, send an email to your academic advisor with the subject "override request." Please include the following in the email:
  • Your name and Access ID
  • CSC course number
  • CRN number of the course
  • Semester when you plan to take the course
  • Specific registration error message you are receiving
  • The form or email from the instructor with their consent (if applicable)

*** If you have not completed the course pre-requisites and you do not have the consent of the instructor to take the course, then you cannot get an override. ***

Admissions information

  1. Do students need to submit a separate application to be admitted into the computer science program after being admitted to the university?
    • No, there is not a second application for admission to the computer science program.
  2. Are there any events where I can learn more about the admissions process?
  3. How do I know if my AP exam scores count for college credit?
  4. What are the admission requirements for transfer students?
    • Admission requirements for all types of students are linked to via Admissions
  5. How do I have my transfer credit evaluated?
    • Official transcripts should be sent to the Transfer Credit Office for evaluation. 
    • Academic advisors are able to complete "unofficial" evaluations of transcripts to help transfer students select future courses.
  6. I'm transferring from another college/university, where do I send my transcripts?

Careers and internships

  1. How do I learn more about co-op and/or Internships?